Mr Webster defines achieve as:
- To get or reach something by hard work
Two keys here:
- “Something” – That goal, objective, desire, state, or whatever it is that you want
- “Hard work” – The effort required to be put forth. Likely not easy
The recipe then is quite straightforward:
- Make sure you have a clear end state/goal in mind
- Make sure you put forth the effort
Over the past few days I’ve spend a lot of time focusing on how I might achieve my goals. Michael Hyatt has a framework that is exceptionally useful:
- Identify your comfort zone / where you are settling
- Review your past accomplishments and failures
- Establish a set of SMART goals
- Identify the motivation for your goals
- Take the first step, then another, then another…
I actually went so far as to purchase Michael’s short course “5 Days to Your Best Year Ever”. I’m duly impressed — it’s not enough to know how to do something, you often need the help of a good teacher/coach to actually accomplish your objectives.
With that in mind:
- Are you willing to do the work necessary to reach what you want to achieve?
As always, thanks for the time.
A FAVOR TO REQUEST – If you enjoy reading these posts, please share with a friend or two. My goal is to help as many folks find ways to learn, grow and live more fully. Thanks!
Writing sermons – several in a row – certainly puts a different perspective to my life!